Monday 28 June 2010

Crude working model

Ok. Here is a short video of my, (rather small) Electric guitar showing the resistors, crudely pinned to make connections to the frets. There's no triggering, no ptroper scaling etc etc. The biggest ptroblem so far is the fact that as I play higher and higher on the fretboard the groups of numbers sometimes overlap i.e. If I play G, I may get a reading of 63,64 or 65. That's fine to sort out with software. Unfortunately, G# will be 65, 66 and 67. The numbers overlap! Bugger! This is, obviously bad news.. I'm waiting for bigger resistors to arrive in the post. Currently out of a possible 127 numbers, I'm only getting about 2/3 of the full sequence from 1st to last fret, (it starts at around 53 and goes up to 114 or therabouts). I'm hoping that bigger resistors will increase the spread of numbers so that they don't overlap anymore. If anyone knows better let me know huh?...

3 comments:

  1. Cool, man. I may try it the analog route with a square wave oscillator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't see how to view...am I missing a link?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Firefox is working for me. Maybe try a different browser than the one you're using? :)

    ReplyDelete